venerdì 30 settembre 2011

Basketball Jump Training – Can You Add 10 Inches Vertically

Is basketball jump training essential for your overall game? Of course it is! If you take this sport seriously and enjoy playing then you know the huge benefits that a powerful vertical can offer you. Imagine being the one player in your team that everyone looks to when in possession! With a better jump, you can block better, defend better and also start dunking!When I was in high school though, my vertical was terrible. It was around the mid 20s and it was a huge detriment to my game especially as I was already small at 5’8! After being overlooked by my coach, again, for the state school tournament, I decided I would not just go and watch everyone else play; I would dedicate myself to increasing my vertical and prove my coach wrong about dropping me.I wanted to develop a specific basketball jump training program that would get my vertical to 40 inches, that was the magical goal for me! However I had no idea what methods would work as there is so much contradictory information scattered around the web. Many sites recommend air alert and jump soles, which some of my friends had tried but to no effect.So instead of just buying the next big product I thought I would instead study how other people who have a good vertical are jumping. Seriously, that was quite a monatomic summer, but in the end it was worth it! I learned so much from what I saw and what they told me and I want to tell you a few tips here.In a good basketball jump training routine, it is crucial to develop as many fast twitch muscle fibres as possible. This gives you increased jumping potential as you have more explosive power in your legs. To do this, you’ll want to perform leg exercises such as squats and dead lifts, with low reps and heavy weight.Now you may have noticed that the more fast twitch fibres you have, the more potential you have to jump higher. The keyword there is potential! If you are not aware of the correct training principles and exercises that will harness this potential then you’re not going to get off the ground as much as you wish!Therefore, make sure your basketball jump training includes multiple training facets that will maximise your vertical in the quickest amount of time. My jump has increased over 8 inches and I want to show you just how I did this.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento