lunedì 16 aprile 2012

Affirmations for Love

Do you have questions on affirmations? Do you wonder what they are and how to use them? Are you stumped when it comes to writing affirmations of your own? If any of the above rings true for you this series on affirmations will be very useful for you.I have received more than a few inquiries regarding affirmations with particular requests for sample affirmations on a variety of different subject matter. Affirmations are really any thought that you think or say out-loud or to yourself all of the time.For our intent and purposes we will refer to affirmations as being statements said with intention. You are no longer letting your mind wonder away with whatever gibberish that may have previously been common place. You are taking control of your thoughts; you are giving them your attention for your desires.Any positive thing you say to yourself is good for your overall well-being and state of mind. However, I do believe that you’ll find your affirmations more useful if you tailor them specifically to you and your situation much like a tailor would fit you for a custom fit jacket.Use whatever affirmations below that you like and that feel right with you. Then, once you’re comfortable, start to write some of your own that are specific to you and your ideal state.Emotions Affect AffirmationsRemember that your affirmations are going to be much more affective that much faster if you can invoke your emotions while saying them. Your thoughts are energy and your emotions put those thoughts into motion.You stir up a much stronger emotional response when you raise your voice and vary your inflection oppose to when you just read something off in a monotone voice.Your emotions will be stronger still if you give your attention to the words as you say them instead of uttering the words with your mouth while your mind is wondering off on anything other than the task at hand.Thoughts are energy and the emotions you put behind your thoughts set your life in motion. If you constantly are affirming that money is hard to come by, then don’t be surprised if you receive small raises from your employer, barely meet your social obligations, and have trouble accumulating wealth.When did Negative Thinking StartYou’ve likely been thinking this way for a long time and if it were working for you I doubt that you’d be here, reading this article. Thinking in a way that doesn’t suite you was most likely thrust upon you as a young child by people who had learned to think and act the way they did from the people that surrounded them as a child.Now here you sit with so much knowledge literally at your fingertips and you realize that you have the power to change your experience. It may seem too easy but I say… it’s just as easy as it should be.Mirror AffirmationsIf you don’t spend much of any time looking into your own eyes I can’t recommend doing it enough. I’ve done this before I even fully understood the significance or the impact of it. For me it feels like reconnecting to something within myself, like I was starring into something that knew and understood my many anguishes. Which is true, no one understands me and my experiences the way I do.Looking into my own eyes gives me great comfort and peace and brings me back to the present moment when I have slipped off into worry about the future or sadness about the past. I am comforted and soothed with a calm that words just don’t seem to measure properly.Another way to look at this is to realize that some of the most powerful and emotionally striking messages we’ve received have been from others who looked us directly in the eye.You taking the time to look into your own eyes when you say something solidifies the importance and the power of your own message.But seriously, don’t take my word for it, try it for yourself. Look into your eyes and just say hello, say I love you, or any one of the many affirmations listed below.If you’re scoffing at this idea remember how many times you’ve stood in front of the mirror getting ready or passed by your reflection and let out a deep and heavy-hearted sigh at some aspect of your body that just measure up to how you’d like it to be.Recall the countless times you condemned yourself for not being better at something or for not doing more in a day.The only difference here is that instead of affirming something negative about yourself you are affirming something positive about yourself.You can change your thinking and thereby your experience by taking control of your thoughts. You must realize that you have a say in what plays in your mind. You do not have to think thoughts that don’t suite you.As Wayne Dyer says, “Change your thoughts and you will change your life.”Writing Your AffirmationsWhen you write out affirmations of your own then do so describing your ideal situations and be specific, be crystal clear on exactly what you would like to experience. Write each one 10 times to really get them imprinted on your mind.Relationship AffirmationsBelow are affirmations concerning relationships. If you are not presently in a relationship the idea here is to be thinking only of the ideal relationship you desire. If you continually think of your relationship disasters then you will go on to have similar experiences as you try to move your life forward.If you are in a relationship and wish to tailor these affirmations, then you would say something like, “Joan and I are very patient with each other.”* My partner and I are very patient with each other.
* My partner and I are very understanding of each other.
* My partner and I hug, touch, and kiss each other all the time.
* My partner and I have a wonderful sex life.
* My partner and I are very affectionate with each other.
* My partner and I have great respect for each other.
* My partner and I are very considerate of each other.
* My partner and I genuinely enjoy each others company.
* My partner and I love to cook with each other.
* My partner and I laugh together all the time.
* My partner and I have a wonderful friendship.
* My partner and I have lives outside of our relationship.
* My partner is comfortable within his own skin.
* My partner cares about my feelings.
* My partner is honest even when it’s not easy.
* My partner has great integrity.
* My partner is a great kisser.
* My partner takes excellent care of his physical, mental, and spiritual health.
* My partner has goals and takes action to move himself towards them.
* My partner will try most anything at least once.
* My partner treats others with respect and appreciation.
* My partner appreciates affection.
* My partner is a little goofy and silly at times.
* My partner makes me laugh.
* My partner laughs more than he scowls.
* My partner loves the time he spends with family and friends.
* My partner enjoys a bit of travel.What’s NextThe positive talk is great in helping you feel better and is instrumental in bringing better experiences into your life. But you’re not likely to find your ideal match sitting on your couch when you return from the bathroom during a commercial break of your favorite sit-com. You must give your words action.You must go places, you must do things, and you must interact with the world. For example, if you’ve always wanted to learn how to khaki then take a community course with a friend, you never know who will be doing the same.If you like to read, do so in a public place. Simply go to a coffee shop for a while, have some tea, and read for an hour or so. Join a club and become activity in the things that interest you. You are surrounding yourself with like minded people, and you are further allowing the universe to do its job.If you want someone to cuddle you on those chili evenings you have to put yourself out into the world.How to Use These AffirmationsSet aside a few minutes each day, preferably first thing in the morning or right before bed when your subconscious mind seems most open. Invoke your emotions, sit in front of the mirror, look into those beautiful eyes of yours and proclaim your affirmation. Get excited about the new life you are beginning, think about the new possibilities and adventures.Give yourself praise for being brave and busting out of an old and familiar way that was getting you nowhere.The more persistent you are with an affirmation the more it becomes the natural nature of your thoughts. You will be surprised and delighted at how differently you feel after only a short time of affirming your best life.I hope you were able to find some relationship affirmations that work for you. If you have a relationship affirmation you’d like to share, a constructive comment to leave, or a question of your own please contact me at http://www.kimchelltalk.com.Most Sincerely,
KimChell Haskell

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento